Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Introductions

I am sure most of you wondering why you should keep coming back to read up on various reviews from some guy you may or may not know. So let me explain who I am and what this blog is all about:

My name is Nathan and I am 24 years old. I have a college degree in Music Education and currently work with at-risk youth in a residential treatment facility. I play in a rock band in my free time, we are called, A Bad Idea. You should look us up on Facebook and iTunes. I am the piano player and lead singer in the band. I have a wonderful girlfriend who doesn't judge me for starting a beer blog (though she might make fun of me a little).

My history with beer started at a great pub known as the Heorot. After "working" hard, I managed to become a part of the "100 Beer Club," which essentially means that I had to drink 100 different beers in the span of 6 months (though I finished it in 2.5). My name is now on display among the countless others on gold plaques that line the front of the bar. Aside from that, I am always grabbing new beers at the local liquor store thanks to the 6 pack mixer and I am an avid user of www.beeradvocate.com. I am almost at 200 different beers at the Heorot and continue to find new beers that I enjoy.

The purpose of this blog is to provide you with my reviews of beers to encourage you to continue to try new types and styles. I will also, as often as possible, review bars. The environment of drinking beer is almost as important as the beer itself so I will be looking for cool bars that have a good history. I will visit the bar, talk to staff, try to talk to the owner, and give you all the information I find out! Hopefully I can get out of Indiana sometimes and find some of the cool bars that I know are out there.

And who do we have to thank for the beer that I will be reviewing? The breweries of course! I will hopefully visit breweries as often as I can and review the tour as well as give you the history of the brewery.

Make sure you subscribe to get updates when new posts are up, and suggest this to all of your friends! I appreciate comments and feedback so that I can make this blog as useful as possible. Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment